Episode 2: Surprised by Struggle
Welcome to Episode 2, where we discuss the surprises of struggle, and overcoming. Below you will find our show notes.
Unexpected struggles arise for everyone:
- Struggle of new motherhood.
- Struggle of capacity for motherhood and work balance.
- Struggle of not knowing.
- Struggle of where we are in life not matching expectations.
- Struggle of taking on too much.
- Struggle to admit we could use help or support from others.
- Struggle of life not going as expected.
We don’t know we’re unprepared for these struggles until we see our responses.
What is your usual response to struggle?
- Try to make small changes, take single steps forward
- “Float in grace”
- Be vulnerable with others
What is the underlying fear stealing your joy?
What do you feel like you need to prove?
Who is your support network?
Who in your life can you walk alongside through struggle?
How can you struggle well? How can you struggle bravely?
- Talk to a trusted friend
- Be vulnerable
- Check on strong friends
- List what you are thankful for today
2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness…”
James 1:2 “Consider it pure joy…whenever you face trials of many kinds…”
- Joy is deeper than happiness.
- Joy can be found in struggle.
Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Philippians 4:6 “Tell him every detail and his wonderful peace will make the answers known to you…”