Welcome to Brave Avenue Unscripted! Two years ago, I felt the push to start a podcast as an extension to our blog so our audience could hear our conversations on life and what we experience on our brave journeys. This episode is an intro into who we are, what is Brave Avenue and what it means to be brave?
Highlights from this episode:
“Not the absence of fear, but pushing beyond fear.
Little brave decisions – “Bravery is a bunch of small decisions you make every single day, not just the huge life-changing ones.”
-“Living in your comfort zone is not a safe place, it can actually work against you…it can keep you from growing… you’re not going to get far.”
“Bravery is the audacity to be unhindered by failures, and to walk with freedom, strength and hope in the face of things unknown.”
“Courage is the ability to do something that frightens someone.“
“Do it afraid.“
- What does it mean to be brave?
- The power of no: What do you need to be brave to say no to?
- What is your motivation for being brave?
- Values-based decisions: Thinking about the values-based decisions, what is the next brave decision you need to make?
Psalm 27:14 Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God.
Isaiah 41:10 Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you
- VIA Character: Values in Action – What are your core values?
- https://www.viacharacter.org/ (free assessment)
- Enneagram – What is your personality type?
- https://assessment.yourenneagramcoach.com/ (free assessment)
- https://www.9types.com/rheti/index.php (free assessment)
- https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/ (resources, assessment available at cost)
- Gallup StrengthsFinder – What are your innate talents?